Dearest, Darlingest Mummsy and Popsy,
>
> Greetings from Hong Kong! My flights went we'll and totaled approx. 24 hrs of travel time. We arrived in HK at 6:15 this morning (8/22) which would make it abt. 5pm Texas time...I think. I watched two and a half movies, listened to Harry Potter on my ipod, took naps, ate some perfectly substandard airplane food and in all ways kept myself thoroughly occupied on the 13hr flight from San Fran to HK. Up to there things were on schedule. Unfortunately, however, we are now very tired and very stranded (don't worry, it's my whole group so I'm not by my lonesome) as Typhoon Nuri continues to approach Hong Kong. All flights out of HK airport are cancelled and we may well end up taking a 20-30hr train ride to Changsha instead of the hour and a half plane ride (which won't be available till Monday on account of some over-zealous Chinese rebookers). So, in addition to the good night's sleep I'll be enjoying on the terminal floor this evening, I'll also be looking forward to a few days of top-notch traveling in the Chinese hinter-land. Ah the rewards of wanderlust. Just kidding, I'm not that miserable. I've actually taken a shower, been treated to dinner, and invited to relax in a more affluent group member's hotel suite along with all of the other China Horizon teachers. So, so far, enjoying this Chinese experience a great deal (Even the airport food is good!!!!). Please don't be too disappointed by a lack of communication from my end as I don't have an adaptor, nor are there any visible plugs, and my computer's battery life is now down to about 20 minutes (I had to bum some computer time off this girl in my group). Sorry :(. Just know that I'm with a whole bunch of other LDS kids and Chinese speaking adults and please pray for sunshine. :) I love you Mom and Dad!
>
> Love,
>
> Haylee Beast
No comments:
Post a Comment