Friday, August 22, 2008

There and back again (except for the back part)

Dear Friends and Family,

Greetings from China!!! I arrived whole and sound in Hong Kong yesterday (8/22) at 6:15am. We were supposed to have a ten hour lay-over and then fly to Changsha at 5:oo in the evening. Unfortunately, we arrived in Hong Kong only hours before Typhoon Nuri did and were forced to stay overnight. It looks like we'll be taking a train instead of a plane to our final destination in Changsha at about 9 o'clock this evening. Boy am I looking forward to another day in the airport. While staying here, I've so far been kicked out of the airport hotel lobby, cheated out of 2 Hong Kong dollars, and slept on and off on a bit of cosy airport terminal floor. It's been great fun. :) Well I love you all and will try as best as I can to keep you updated on my goings on.

Love from,

Hayl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haylee, Welcome to the trials & tribulations of the worldwide traveller! ;o) I've slept in Hong Kong Airport a couple of times... look on the bright side... you're seeing & experiencing a whole new culture that most people won't ever see, other than on TV! Enjoy & stay safe!
Bro. Wolf & the Wolf Pack!

Juliepoolie said...

Haylee - So glad to hear that you're safe and that your great wall of China adventures are about to begin. Keep us posted as often as you can. In fact, will you make every effort to have twice as much fun as you originally planned to each day, and then perhaps I can somehow tap into the extra portions through your blog. I could use some extra fun most days! Love you. Take care. Julie

Bethany said...

Sounds like your party is just getting started. I look forward to living vicariously through you, my dear! I love you so much and I'm glad we were able to labor mucho together last week (I hope you and your mother have recovered). I had forgotten how much I enjoy you and look up to you!

momster said...

Haylee! I'm so glad you got there safely albeit somewhat adventurously. Just think...what a great tale to tell your kids one day as well as the cultural "experience". I mean, not all of us get to be close & personal with a Hong Kong airport floor! Can't wait to hear more from you...just be safe, eat great food, and have a fabulous time!
Love you bunches & bunches...momster